It’s the rainy season again, monsoon and typhoons come one after another. However, just like summer time, it is also necessary to take good care of our skin because most skin infections are chronic during the rainy season.
I don’t actually have special skin care during rainy season. I use the same products all year round. To achieve healthy and glowing skin, hydration and enough sleep are some of the most important things to do. However, for someone like me who just can’t get “enough” sleep during weekdays, I turn to skin care products out there in the market to make sure my skin still looks healthy. Of course, taking vitamins E and C are essential.
So here’s my skin care routine:
- Human Nature Cleansing Oil. I use this as makeup remover before washing my face. Put a generous amount of the cleansing oil all over your face, using clean cloth or cotton pad, gently wipe it on your face to remove your make up.
- BeautyFix Clarifying Facial Scrub. If your skin is prone to pimples just like mine, use the one with Salicylic acid.
- Celeteque Hydration Alcohol-free Toner. The good thing about this product is it’s suitable to all skin type. In addition, if you have a sensitive skin, it is advisable to use alcohol-free toner. Toners are important in keeping your pores tight.
- Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer. A water-based and oil-free moisturizer and easily absorbed by the skin.
Other skin care products I use:
- Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. I use this for pimple marks. It helps lighten pimple marks and it evens skin tone.
- Etude House Wonder Pore. I use it before putting make up on my face. It tightens pores and prevents makeup from clogging my pores.
It is important to get to know your skin type first. Finding the right product for your skin is a matter of trial and error. As for me, I have an oily and sensitive skin. At first, I was skeptical in using oils like cleansing oil and beauty oil because of the thought that I already have an oily skin why would I still use oil on my face .Contrary though, there are oils that unclog pores, treat and prevent pimple/acne breakouts. Most of the beauty oils contain antioxidant that make our skin glow (not grease). Beauty oils also act as skin moisturizer.
“For me, taking care of your skin is the most important step. You can cover it with all the make up you have, and it’s still not as nice as beautiful skin.” – Astrid Berges-Frisbey