First of all, I would like to congratulate Alden Richards for the successful book launching yesterday, August 14, 2016 in Robinsons Galleria, Manila. The event was organized by Summit Books and GMA Network. Despite the bad weather, fans attended the event to see Alden and have the book they bought signed.
The book is entitled ALDEN RICHARDS: In My Own Words published by Summit Publishing Co., Inc. which was officially released on July 19, 2016. Yesterday, Summit Books announced that they will be reprinting to cater to fans who don’t have a copy of the book yet. Such a wonderful news.
Alden said that the book is his gift to his fans for their steadfast support, to those who believed and continue believing in him, and to those who never gave up on him. We will see snapshots of his life in the book, his thoughts on many different things, and messages from special people in his life.
Let’s get physical:
The 120-page, grey-colored book has 18 centimeters x 23 centimeters dimension and a thickness of approximately 1.2 centimeters. It has a semi-hardbound cover and thick glossy pages. It probably weighs more than 100 grams. At the back cover, you will see a photo of young Alden wearing white graduation toga and the information about what to expect in the book.
On the Inside:
The first things that you will see when you open the book are Alden’s adorable childhood photos and his forewords. The book is divided into 6 chapters:
- Chapter 1: In the Beginning. Aside from his cute and adorable childhood and family photos, this chapter also talks about how he started in showbiz and his journey to stardom. It contains trivia about him growing up and information about how he started his showbiz career. One of my favorite parts in this chapter is the “I didn’t want to be famous” section.
- Chapter 2: Let’s Get Personal. One cute part of this chapter is the ‘Anatomy of Alden’ (Probably the best part for Team Harot! LOL). This chapter talks about his likes, passion, and fear. We will also get to see what’s inside his car, the essential things he can’t live without, and a short information about his hometown – Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Of course, don’t forget the part “10 Things You May Not Know About Me” that contains trivia about his personality and things he is into.
- Chapter 3: #KiligPaMore. This part is very interesting. It contains information about how he views love, dating, and marriage. It also provides answers about what he finds “sexy” and how he is as a boyfriend to his girl.
- Chapter 4: Meet MAIDEN. In case you don’t know, MaiDen stands for Maine Mendoza (his betterhalf ^^) and Alden (himself). This chapter contains information about him and Maine Mendoza; what Maine has to say about Alden and what Alden has to say about Maine. It also includes what they can say about their first meeting back in 2010 Candy Fair. The cutest part of this chapter is the portion on what Maine loves about Alden (physically) and what Alden loves about Maine (physically).
- Chapter 5: You Think You Know Me. Oh this part is interestingly amusing. It’s a review on how well you know Alden after reading the book from chapters 1 to 4. There are 25 questions to answer. You will determine how well you know the Pambansang Bae. If you scored 10 points and below, you are on Bet mo si Alden level, you are on Love mo si Alden level if you scored 11 to 19 points, and Life mo si Alden level if you scored 20 points or more. Interesting, isn’t it? By the way, I got 23 points when I tried the quiz. 🙂
- Chapter 6: #Blessed. This chapter contains testimonies and messages from his family – his father, siblings, grandparents, and other relatives. It also has messages from his friends in and outside showbiz and people he works and worked with. I love reading those interesting information they shared about Alden.
Alden concluded the book with a short but precise message on how grateful he is to his fans and friends. He thanked his fan clubs and AldubNation who made him who he is now; he is forever grateful to the people who helped him. He also hopes that the support will never fade as time goes by. He promised that he will always be there for his fans and he will remain the way he is since day one.
The very last page contains acknowledgment and credits to people who worked behind the scene to make the book possible. From photographers and editors to Alden’s wardrobe, makeup artist, and stylists.
You are truly a blessed person, Alden. Don’t worry, your fans will support you in every endeavor you take. We are here to stay! Thank you for the wonderful gift of gratitude.
“It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” – Anonymous
I Thessalonians 5:18 – “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ for you.”