Curcuma longa or Turmeric is a plant from the ginger family and is native to Southern Asia. It is commonly use as a fabric dye and a spice in curry powder in Southern Asian countries. In the Philippines, turmeric is also known as “Luyang Dilaw”.
Turmeric is high in Curcumin that treats and prevents cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. You can boil fresh turmeric or buy powdered turmeric to make your own tea.
There are also readily available Turmeric Teas sold in the market. Last Saturday, I came across a group of people offering free taste of their Turmeric Tea product. It was my first time to taste turmeric tea. It was delicious. When I saw their poster stating Turmeric treats kidney problems and UTI, I didn’t think twice and I bought a bottle.
In 2014, I had ESWL (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy) treatment to remove stones from my left kidney. It was an expensive and inconvenient treatment. It started when I had a reoccurring urinary tract infection (UTI) in the past that’s why since my ESWL treatment, I’m watching over my diet very closely.
Yamang Bukid’s Turmeric 10-in-1 Tea is an instant herbal tea made from 100% natural herbs and spices. No need to add honey because it has been glazed with wild honey. You can enjoy the rich, smooth, and calming flavor with every cup of the Turmeric 10-in-1 tea. Just dissolve one teaspoon of the Turmeric powder in hot water and stir. It is safe and can be served 3x a day although it is not recommended to pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Yamang Bukid’s Turmeric 10-in-1 tea ingredients:
- Turmeric – many high quality studies show that it has a major benefits for the body and brain. The curcumin in turmeric helps prevent and treats cancer. This ARTICLE enumerates the benefits of Turmeric in our body.
- Ginger – it warms and comforts the body, increases blood flow, cleanse toxins, and promotes healing.
- Malunggay – Malunggay leaves are rich in vitamin C, calcium, vitamin A, protein, and potassium.
- Gynura procumbens – it has an alkalizing effect and high in antioxidants. It aids in detoxification process in the body.
- Peppermint – it aids digestion, relief from irritable bowel syndrome, colonic spasms, gastric disorders, cold and flu, and protection against cancer.
- Lemongrass – it is used to treat cough, colds, and sore throats, anxiety (because of its calming effect), insomnia, digestion constipation, and high cholesterol. It also aids in kidney detoxification. Lemongrass is rich in vitamin C.
- Sambong – it cures dysmenorrhea. It helps improve urination to prevent UTI. It is a good diuretic agent. It is effective in dissolving kidney stones. It also aids in treating hypertension and rheumatism. It has anti-gastralgic properties and use as a relief of stomach pains.
- Pandan – it is use to treat skin diseases. Pandan is also use to relieve headache, arthritis, fever, and reduces stomach spasms. It treats leprosy, wounds, and smallpox, strengthens gums and use as a laxative for children.
- Lagundi – it has an analgesic effect that helps alleviate pain and discomfort. Lagundi is generally used for treatment of coughs, asthma symptoms, and other respiratory problems.
- Banaba – it controls the cholesterol levels, blood pressure, kidney disorder, and urinary dysfunctions. Banaba contains a substance called corosolic acid known to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, and blood-sugar-lowering properties.
Herbs have strong medicinal properties and people knew this fact since the early civilization. These properties were documented in history and experts emphasized their ability to connect people with the nature. These qualities balance, heal, and energize the immune system. Herbs help eliminate toxins from the blood, improve blood circulation, and regulate oxygen flow in the human body.
“Everything gets better with a cup of tea.”