Tonight, I taught my little sister how to bake. She was the one who mixed everything and frost the cupcake. Here’s our recipe:
2/3 cup Brewed Coffee (We don’t have Brewed coffee so we used 1 1/2 TBSP Nescafe Gold and dissolved it in warm water)
1/2 cup Fresh Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used Bensdorp chocolate powder in this recipe)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Granulated White Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
For the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (Softened)
2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 240 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk the coffee, milk, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter with white and brown sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and coffee mixture. Continue mixing until combined.
5. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
6. Fill each muffin pan with cupcake liners about a spoonful batter and bake for 17-20 minutes.
1. Using an electric mixer, combine softened butter and powdered sugar.
2. Add vanilla extract and Cinnamon powder. Continue mixing until well-blended and smooth.
3. Frost the cupcake.